Balsamic Asiago Salad
You can toss this tasty Balsamic Asiago Salad together in 10 minutes flat. Simply drizzle bottled dressing over the colorful blend of greens, tomato and peppers, add a quick sprinkle of garlic-seasoned cheese…and serve.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- In a small serving bowl, combine the salad greens, tomato and yellow pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 78 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Balsamic Asiago Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2006
Mar 2, 2011
Loved this salad. I made it with the pizza on the same page. I ended up using Italian Blend shredded cheese since I could not find the cheese blend called for in the recipe.