Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, onion, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cup: 408 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 6, 2016
I loved everything about this salad except the amount of brown sugar in the dressing. Will cut it in half next time. I really enjoyed the tang of the balsamic vinegar and feel about half as much sugar would allow for an even balance of sweetness and tanginess. I will happily share this recipe with friends and family, as it is not the average run of the mill pasta salad! Very Good!
Oct 23, 2015
This was fabulous! Will definitely be making this again and again. I will say, it was better warm than cold.
Aug 16, 2015
very good light refreshing summer salad.. we enjoyed it!
Jul 10, 2015
Do you use the mini bow tie or the regular size? I tried the regular and they seemed a little too large. The salad was delicious and very definite one for a summer dish. Everyone liked it.
Jul 29, 2013
This recipe was light and great for a warm summer night as the main meal.
Jul 22, 2013
We loved this pasta salad! My husband raved about it even though he isn't a huge fan of gorgonzola. He requested I make extra next time so he can bring it to work for lunch!
Jul 9, 2013
This was delightful! I swapped and doubled feta for Gorgonzola, and threw in some sugar snap peas from the garden which was a great addition. This recipe's a keeper.
Jul 7, 2013
This is delicious! It is quick and easy, and my family loves it! I love to make it ahead and bring it to the lake for that first dinner after we arrive and get settled. Simple and Delicious!
Jul 6, 2013
5 Star Rating and then some... everyone at my party loved it. I would highly recommend this dish. You won't be disappointed.
Jul 4, 2013
Simply delicious, made as per recipe, nice combination of flavors. Not for those that dislike the taste of gorgonzola or blue cheese
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.