Kidney Bean Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over tuna mixture and toss lightly. Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 432 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1026mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2015
This recipe is so good and light. It makes a perfect side dish for just about any meat
Nov 28, 2013
I have made this many times and it is a favorite with everyone. Super awesome
Jul 25, 2011
Different but very good.
Jun 14, 2008
I used Pinto Beans as I did not have any Kidney Beans. This makes very big servings for two. Very Good