Albacore Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bread slices or lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, tuna, apple, celery, raisins and almonds. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice; stir into tuna mixture. Spread on bread or serve on lettuce-lined plates.
Mar 10, 2016
Simple to make. I didn't care for this particular fruit and tuna combination, but that may just be my taste. Perhaps chicken would be better, as another reader mentioned.
Oct 10, 2010
This was a terrific salad. I used chicken insteadof tuna and spread it on rye bread. I got a lotof compliments from my family.
Oct 31, 2009
This is delicious on whole-grain bread. Next time I will use chicken; a better compliment to the other ingredients.
Sep 18, 2009
very refreshing, i did too use cranberries instead of raising, and used pineapple tidbits instead of crushed. I added chopped english cucumbers. Overall 3+ stars = )
Aug 29, 2009
This is delicioius. I do add cranberries instead of raisins & follow recipe w/all of the other ingredients.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.