Pickled Beet Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Here’s a festive, flavorful salad that comes together in a snap--perfect for time-crunched cooks. I love the contrasting tastes and textures of the beets, radishes, goat cheese and bacon.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes16 servings (1 cup each)
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled whole beets, drained and cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, beets, onion and radishes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, pepper and salt to bacon drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Pickled Beet Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.