Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 10 kale leaves, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- Divide kale and basil among eight salad plates. Top with sprouts, bacon, cheese, avocado, egg and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 236 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 24, 2015
Jun 21, 2014
Jan 6, 2014
I never knew kale was so yummy. The dressing is great!
Jul 3, 2013
Wonderful recipe and a great way to use kale. I used only 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and didn't notice it was missing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.