Kale & Bacon Salad with Honey-Horseradish Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 10 kale leaves, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- Divide kale and basil among eight salad plates. Top with sprouts, bacon, cheese, avocado, egg and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 236 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2018
I selected this recipe because of the vinaigrette ingredients. With all the ingredients that I love, I thought it was a sure win. I was sadly disappointed. I just did not like the resulting combo of flavor.
Jan 24, 2015
Jun 21, 2014
Jan 6, 2014
I never knew kale was so yummy. The dressing is great!
Jul 3, 2013
Wonderful recipe and a great way to use kale. I used only 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and didn't notice it was missing.