Lemon Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 cups diced seeded cucumbers
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- For dressing, place first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. In a large bowl, toss long grain rice and wild rice with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Stir cucumbers, green onions, parsley, basil and pepper into rice mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Jan 7, 2019
I left off the pecans, which probably didn't make much of a difference. This was a good alternative to a hot rice side dish. I liked the flavors. I made only a half recipe for 4 of us and we had plenty of leftovers.
Oct 27, 2018
This a family favorite, and we love fresh lemon and squeeze the juice into the rice mix after I zest it, we think it brightens it just a bit more.