Chilled Peach Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peaches, yogurt, lemon juice and extract; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with almonds and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 158 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Jun 13, 2012
Loved this, simple and fun, the Kids liked it as well. also loved this version with Fresh ginger http://www.chefmorgan.com/soupe-de-peches-au-gingembre-frais-peach-soup-with-fresh-ginger
Jul 18, 2011
This soup was so quick and easy! I wasn't able to let it chill as long as I would have liked but the flavor was so bright and the texture so smooth. I added a drizzle of honey while I was blending just because I wanted to. I served this with a strawberry soup and chicken Caesar wrap. Definitely a keeper for hot summer days!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.