Chilled Peach Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peaches, yogurt, lemon juice and extract; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with almonds and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 158 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 13, 2012
Loved this, simple and fun, the Kids liked it as well. also loved this version with Fresh ginger http://www.chefmorgan.com/soupe-de-peches-au-gingembre-frais-peach-soup-with-fresh-ginger
Jul 18, 2011
This soup was so quick and easy! I wasn't able to let it chill as long as I would have liked but the flavor was so bright and the texture so smooth. I added a drizzle of honey while I was blending just because I wanted to. I served this with a strawberry soup and chicken Caesar wrap. Definitely a keeper for hot summer days!