Raspberry Peach Tart
There’s no shortage of fresh peaches and raspberries where I live. I use the fruit I grow to bake up this sweet and special fruit tart.— Mary Ann Rempel, Southold, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2-2/3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine peaches, raspberries and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca and cinnamon. Gently stir into fruit mixture; let stand 15 minutes.
- Unroll pastry sheet onto a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon filling over pastry to within 2 in. of edge; dot with butter. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving a 6-in. opening in the center. Brush folded pastry with egg white; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes on a lower oven rack or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer tart to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 227 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Peach Tart in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.