Raspberry Peach Tart
There’s no shortage of fresh peaches and raspberries where I live. I use the fruit I grow to bake up this sweet and special fruit tart.— Mary Ann Rempel, Southold, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2-2/3 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine peaches, raspberries and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca and cinnamon. Gently stir into fruit mixture; let stand 15 minutes.
- Unroll pastry sheet onto a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon filling over pastry to within 2 in. of edge; dot with butter. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving a 6-in. opening in the center. Brush folded pastry with egg white; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes on a lower oven rack or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer tart to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 227 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 4, 2019
I needed to bring a pie for a Labor day event, and I saw this recipe and had all the ingredients on hand and it was easy to make and delicious. The family loved it, but it was super juicy