Tart Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pie crust (9 inches), baked
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. In a large saucepan, combine cherry juice and dry pudding mix. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin powder and sweetener until dissolved. Stir in cherries; transfer to pie crust. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 174 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2013
My husband is a Type 1 diabetic & he can enjoy it. This pie is so delicious, you'll never know that the filling is sugar-free.
Jun 6, 2010
This looks and sounds delicious. but I also want to try this with blusberries,too.
Jul 7, 2008
I made this recipe for the firt time to take on a camping trip. It was easy to make and totally awesome. Would definately make it again.