No-Bake Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (0.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (0.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (6 ounces)
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, mix gelatin, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1-1/2 cups water. Add apples; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix pudding mix and remaining water; stir into apple mixture. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Transfer to crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, serve with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 202 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 14, 2018
This pie was very good. I think I will eliminate nutmeg next time a little too overpowering for me. The texture was perfect.
Nov 12, 2018
For those of you finding it difficult to find the cooked sugar free pudding go to Amazon. It comes in a 4 pack. When placing an Amazon order I just add this to stock up.
Feb 4, 2018
This pie is delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. S-F cooked pie filling is hard to find but I had an extra on hand. I will cut the apples in smaller pieces next time. I served it with sugar-free whipped topping. Delicious!Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 18, 2015
I might be the only one; but am always wondering why folks do not "measure" apples, bananas, etc. instead of giving a number/size count! Can anyone help me out with this? After lots of "practice" I have sort of got mashed bananas down -- 2-3 medium ripe is /- a cup; but some days that's not good either! So, I guess I will "play" with this one too! Sorry, if I appear to be ranting...
Dec 20, 2014
can i use can pie filling instead?
Sep 15, 2011
We are not watching our sugar so I use the regular jello & pudding mix. It's great. I've made it twice now, we love it.
Oct 11, 2010
We cut back on the nutmeg (not my favorite) and increased the pudding to 2 packages. Was delicious and will be permanent in our recipe file.
Oct 10, 2010
For a no bake pie, this was pretty tasty.
Dec 5, 2009
This pie is awesome! I didn't put in the nuts, but did everything is by the recipe. My mom even asked me for the recipe for her Christmas parties. Will definitely make again.
Jul 27, 2009
Although I live in Alberta, I often shop in Montana. Can "oreotookie" or someone else tell me which grocery store carries the sugar-free pudding? I can't find it around here.Joanne in Alberta