Light Strawberry Gelatin Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in sliced strawberries. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and a berry half.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 197 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
May 11, 2017
I have made this pie on many occasions - I follow the recipe exactly as written and it is YUMMY! Planning to serve it at our family's Mother's Day brunch!
Jul 5, 2014
I really don't have anything to add to what 73 people have said already, except - EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS PIE!!! It has everything: ease & simplicity of preparation, saves time by being made ahead, coolness on a hot day, light and refreshing with the fresh strawberries at all times! D. Smith, you're the best!
Jun 29, 2014
I followed this exactly as is EXCEPT I used regular strawberry jello and regular graham cracker crust (not sugar free). Our little family of 4 nearly finished this pie in one sitting. So good and super easy to make. I can't wait to make this for my Mom who is mindful of her sugar levels.
Jun 24, 2014
Made this for a friend whose husband is diabetic. I substituted 9 pkgs of Truvia for the 3 TBSP of sugar.
Sep 1, 2013
I made this pie years ago when our children were young back in the 70's. Glad to see you are bringing them back with alterations for diabetics.
Sep 1, 2013
Easy and quick to make. Delicious, refreshing for a light summer dessert. My hubby and son loved it. Added a couple drops of almond extract. Used Cool Whip!
May 7, 2013
Nice texture and flavor!
Apr 14, 2013
Verrry easy to make, excellent flavor!
Feb 10, 2013
Made with regular strawberry gelatin and did not add the 3T sugar. It was easy and bright. The family loved it!
Jun 4, 2012
Light and refreshing and so easy to make!! My husband is diabetic and also needs to watch sodium intake. One slice of pie was only 2 carb choices--far less than most other desserts. I did use real whipped cream instead of whipped topping, which neither of us cares for, and it made for a rich-tasting dessert that's pretty and healthy. I liked the idea of an earlier poster who served it in a parfait glass. You could layer the strawberries with chunks of angel food cake, shortcake or pound cake and it would look and taste great with minimal fuss on your part. Can't wait to take advantage of the yummy strawberries in season and try this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.