Strawberry Dream Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 envelope unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid mix
- 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream topping
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the water and Kool-Aid mix until dissolved. Stir in strawberry topping. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and strawberry mixture until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust. Chill for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Drizzle hot fudge topping onto dessert plates; top with a piece of pie. Refrigerate leftovers.
Jun 16, 2013
I was looking for a quick but tasty dessert for Father's Day, and I came across this one. It was easy to put together and had a great taste. I would have given it 5 stars, but I don't think it "gelled up" enough. The consistency of the pie is very soft, but it still held together in a slice. There was a prominent cream cheese taste, which I like. I will make this again and possibly experiment with different flavors.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.