Strawberry Dream Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 envelope unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid mix
- 1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream topping
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the water and Kool-Aid mix until dissolved. Stir in strawberry topping. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and strawberry mixture until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust. Chill for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Drizzle hot fudge topping onto dessert plates; top with a piece of pie. Refrigerate leftovers.
Apr 19, 2019
This pie was super delicious and such a pretty color. I did make a change though. They didn't have strawberry kool aid at the store. I wasn't quite sure what to do, but I remembered that the other review said it didn't set well so I thought about strawberry jello. I got that and when I made it I added 1/3 cup of boiling water to the jello and stirred until dissolved. I did not add the strawberry topping because the jello is already sweet. I did everything else the same and it came out great! The perfect consistency and loved by all.
Jun 16, 2013
I was looking for a quick but tasty dessert for Father's Day, and I came across this one. It was easy to put together and had a great taste. I would have given it 5 stars, but I don't think it "gelled up" enough. The consistency of the pie is very soft, but it still held together in a slice. There was a prominent cream cheese taste, which I like. I will make this again and possibly experiment with different flavors.