Relates Becky Duncan of Leming, Texas, "I stock up on locally grown berries for treats like this pie, which pairs them with pecans." She's received a ribbon from the Strawberry Festival food show at nearby Poteet.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add strawberries and pecans; toss gently.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling. Dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 529 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 6, 2013
Excellent. I've made this several times and love it
May 8, 2008
This recipe calls for a double-crust pastry... Where in the directions does it say to put on the top lattice crust that I see in the picture??