Cranberry Pear Tart
Our test cooks came up with this lighter n pear tart with dried cranberries. While it’s delicious as is, it would also be good served warm with ice cream. — Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the pears, cranberries, apple juice concentrate and apple pie spice over medium heat until pears are tender. Pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 203 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Cranberry Pear Torte in Quick Cooking November/December 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.