Quick Apple Cranberry Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom or press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; pour into crust. Dot with butter. Cut leaf shapes from the remaining pastry. Place over filling.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 208 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 10, 2017
I fixed this one evening in the fall and it sure hit the spot!! We love it!!
Nov 9, 2012
THE RECIPE SAYS TO USE A SPRINGFORM PAN AND THEN IT SAYS A TART PAN. WHICH ONE IS CORRECT?
Nov 13, 2011
Delicious! Not quite as sweet as plain apple pie, love the combination of tart apples and cranberries. Pretty, tasty, will definitely make again!
Nov 10, 2011
Quick and easy to prepare. Looks and tastes great.
Nov 12, 2009
Absolutely delicious! I used my own Tart Crust recipe, not a pie crust recipe. The combination of the Granny Smith apples and the tart cranberries is perfect.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.