Cinnamon Apple Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss apple with lemon juice.
- On a large sheet of parchment paper, roll pastry into a 14-in. circle; transfer to a baking sheet. Spread jelly onto pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with apple, sugar, baking chips and almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving opening in center. Brush folded pastry with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix icing ingredients, using enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over tart.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 370 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 29, 2015
The texture was okay, did not like the cinnamon bits, but overall, it was not too bad...
Jan 2, 2015
Delicious! I made this for dessert for a family dinner and everyone liked it.
Aug 26, 2010
really easy and really yummy. I toasted the almonds
May 29, 2010
Loved it, it was very tasty.
Sep 27, 2009
My pastryon bottom is wet and doughie, runny..gets stuck to parchment paperis there something I can do
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.