Cinnamon Caramel Apples
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 8 large tart apples
- Jimmies and chopped peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, chocolate chips, water, cinnamon and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted.
- Insert Popsicle sticks into the apples; dip into caramel mixture, turning to coat. Roll in or press on desired toppings. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 526 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 111g carbohydrate (93g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 22, 2011
Just use a double boiler to melt everything. f you don't have a double boiler, place a glass or metal bowl over a sauce pan of hot water.Take care not to get ANY water in with the chocolate & caramel.
Sep 22, 2011
I don't own a microwave...need this recipe without microwave instructions!