Cinnamon Caramel Apples
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 8 large tart apples
- Jimmies and chopped peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, chocolate chips, water, cinnamon and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted.
- Insert Popsicle sticks into the apples; dip into caramel mixture, turning to coat. Roll in or press on desired toppings. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 526 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 111g carbohydrate (93g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 22, 2011
Just use a double boiler to melt everything. f you don't have a double boiler, place a glass or metal bowl over a sauce pan of hot water.Take care not to get ANY water in with the chocolate & caramel.
Sep 22, 2011
I don't own a microwave...need this recipe without microwave instructions!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.