Bavarian Apple Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla, flour and cinnamon. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla just until combined. Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, toss the apples, sugar and cinnamon; arrange over filling. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 213 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 22, 2015
I used fat free cream cheese to cut down on the calories and fat even more... was delicious.
Feb 28, 2015
Delicious. Make again.
Aug 20, 2013
This is a great recipe. I substituted sugar with Truvia baking blend to cut back on the sugar. You can't tell. I have had numerous requests for this recipe since I made it! Definitely will make this again.
May 18, 2013
This is very good. It makes a nice presentation but really gets put together in a snap. I used 5 small Granny Smith apples and whole wheat flour.~ Theresa
Jan 20, 2013
I thought I was buying 1/3 fat cream cheese but misread the label. It was 1/3 neufchatel. It was the first time I was trying this recipe, so I had no pre-conceived ideas for taste. It was a delicious "mistake".
Dec 6, 2011
Wonderful! Very easy and delicious!
Sep 16, 2011
Very good. The cream filling tasted very good with the tart apples we picked.
Aug 6, 2011
Wasn't MY cup of tea, but if I was expecting company who I knew was a huge fan of apples, I MIGHT pull out this recipe again...speaking of tea -- that would probably been good with this!
Mar 19, 2011
very impressive and tasty!
Nov 10, 2010
My family loved it! It is so pretty!!