Dutch Apple Pie Tartlets
These adorable mini apple pie pastries make a delightful addition to a dessert buffet or snack tray. The recipe calls for convenient frozen phyllo shells, so they're surprisingly easy to prepare. The lemon curd filling adds a unique flavor twist. —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min Bake: 20 min
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon curd. Spoon into tart shells.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Spoon over apple mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet (calculated without confectioners' sugar): 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Warm Apple Cups with Butter Crumb Topping in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.