Total TimePrep 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in thirds. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. holiday cookie cutters. Using floured 1-in. shaped cookie cutters, cut out the centers of half of the cookies.
- Place solid and window cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining portions of dough. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle window cookies with additional confectioners' sugar. Spread 1 teaspoon Nutella on the bottom of each solid cookie; place window cookies over filling.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 177 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 18, 2015
I've been making these for a few years. They do take a little bit more work but are very impressive.
Jan 2, 2014
The Nutella makes for a unique twist on the sandwich cookie. These were quite good, and I will definitely make them again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.