Total TimePrep 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in thirds. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. holiday cookie cutters. Using floured 1-in. shaped cookie cutters, cut out the centers of half of the cookies.
- Place solid and window cookies 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining portions of dough. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle window cookies with additional confectioners' sugar. Spread 1 teaspoon Nutella on the bottom of each solid cookie; place window cookies over filling.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 177 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 18, 2015
I've been making these for a few years. They do take a little bit more work but are very impressive.
Jan 2, 2014
The Nutella makes for a unique twist on the sandwich cookie. These were quite good, and I will definitely make them again.