Mini Apple Rustic Tarts
Need to use up leftover pie filling? These cute tarts from our Test Kitchen have a golden crust brimming with a sweet-tart apple and cherry filling.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- Divide pastry in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, cherries, ginger and cinnamon. Spoon over each pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Beat egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crusts are lightly browned. Using parchment paper, slide tarts onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 327 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.