Miniature Almond Tarts
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces almond paste, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- Maraschino cherry halves (about 48)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour until well blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in ungreased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a shell.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the almond paste, eggs and sugar until blended. Fill each shell with about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Pipe or spread over tarts. Top each with a cherry half.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 124 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 24, 2009
I make these every Christmas for my traditional dutch family! They don't sit around long! The only thing I change is I use candied cherries instead of maraschino. They taste the same but they are less juicy and don't slide off the tops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.