Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, divided
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Beat 1 egg; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Press dough evenly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Spread 1/4 cup of jam over dough. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy; stir in almonds and extract. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; spoon filling over jam. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Carefully remove sides from pan. Spread remaining jam on top. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over the top.
1 slice: 367 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.