Almond Raspberry Torte
This gorgeous torte looks and tastes like it came from a gourmet shop. Guests have a hard time believing it’s a homemade dessert!
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 can (12 ounces) raspberry cake and pastry filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) almond cake and pastry filling
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Fresh raspberries
- Line two greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; beat into egg mixture. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter is melted; beat into batter. Spread into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in Amaretto; cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and extract; beat until smooth. In a small bowl, combine raspberry filling and lemon juice; set aside.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; brush with 3 tablespoons syrup. Top with 1/3 cup almond filling and 1/3 cup raspberry mixture; repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining cake layer; brush with remaining syrup. Frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Press sliced almonds onto sides of cake. Garnish with raspberries. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 874 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 147g carbohydrate (111g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Almond Torte in Country Woman Christmas 2012