Almond Chocolate Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds; sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Jul 6, 2011
Super easy and totally yummy!!!
Jan 5, 2011
All I have to say is YUM-O! This was really easy to make. I added some almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. Before I figured this out I accidently added it to my melted chocolate and it ruined the texture of my chocolate. My family loved this so much I spooned the filling into small individual bowls and covered to let them set in the fridge - portion control!
Nov 26, 2010
i tried with orange extract(taste ok) and with raspberry extract which tasted amazing
Oct 19, 2009
So easy to make and very chocolatey. I took it to a party and everyone loved it. I added a little almond extract to the filling.
Aug 19, 2009
I am going to make it and use Splenda in place of the sugar, low fat cream cheese and Dove sugar free chocolates. I have made these substitutes with many dessert recipes with success.
Jun 21, 2009
For people watching fat, perhaps a fat free cream cheese could be used. Also artificial sweetener that you can bake with. Although it looks like you don't bake this. Also wonder if one could use the fat free or sugar free cool whip or store brand whipped topping for whipping cream. Some people would really frown at that, but fat people (like me) might like the idea if it would work.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.