Chocolate Cherry Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 56 chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, (about 1 pound) crushed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Set aside 1/4 cup crushed cookies for topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining cookies and butter; spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping mixes, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until thickened and stiff peaks form. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- Spread over crust; top with pie filling. Sprinkle with reserved cookies. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 367 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 15, 2016
I love this dessert. Whenever I get together with my brother and his family, they always request this. I like the chocolate/cherry combo.
Oct 3, 2015
I love chocolate covered grahams, so this recipe caught my eye right away. It is so delicious! I used strawberry pie filling instead of cherry, only because our daughter doesn't care for cherry! It's a winner no matter what!
Apr 15, 2015
Very good except I don't use dream whip as it contains hydrogenated oils so I made my own whipped topping.
Dec 12, 2013
My family loves the chocolate and cherry combination!
Dec 18, 2011
Delicious! Take out of refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving so that crust can soften. Otherwise it can stick in the pan.
Dec 16, 2008
You can substitute other pie fillings too and use just plain graham crackers. This is a very nice dessert! Try blueberry or raspberry!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.