Southern Chocolate Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package Swiss chocolate or devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 10 milk chocolate candy bars with almonds (1.45 ounces each), divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, sift the cake and pudding mixes. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Finely chop eight candy bars; stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread frosting on cake plate, between layers and over the top and sides of the cake. Chop the remaining candy bars; sprinkle over top and along bottom edge of cake. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 617 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 9, 2015
Its also called a queen anne cake.
Feb 2, 2012
I didnt add the chocolate chunks and it still turned out WONDERFUL. The cake was super super moist and the icing was not to sweet. LOVED IT
Jul 12, 2011
Very rich cake, though not very chocolatey.
Feb 9, 2011
I love this cake. Easy to make and it tastes amazing!!! Just need small slices though because it is so rich.
Jul 9, 2010
This is a scrumptious dessert and easy to make. My family and friends give this dessert their highest rating! Decadent is the word they use to describe it!