Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Filling
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh mint and additional raspberries, optional
- Prepare the cake according to package directions. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Combine milk and pudding mix; beat into cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and raspberries.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake; dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with mint and raspberries if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Apr 16, 2012
I make this cake all the time and have been for years. I always sub out the chocolate cake for white or yellow (since my husband doesn't like chocolate. I also sub out the raspberries for strawberries. This is the most requested cake I make! Although my daughter and I have made flavor changes we still call it Chocolate Raspberry Torte. We get a lot of strange looks but no one turns down a piece. lol
Feb 18, 2012
I have made this cake several times. It is easy and delicious. My best friend request it for her birthday every year and I have auctioned off this cake for my son's Boy Scout Troop and the bids were crazy. The people who didn't win begged for me to make one for next year's auction. (All proceeds went to the Boy Scouts Troop.)
Jun 13, 2011
i make this cake often ! it is so incredible and refreshing anytime =)
Apr 5, 2011
Everyone loved it. Easy to make and very good taste
Jan 15, 2011
I like the easy prep with the cake mix but I used a moist cake mix and every layer cracked because it was to moist. Didn't matter so much the bottom and middle layer but the top layer was a challenge all in itself. Also, I feel the filling made way to much. I would maybe try it again using just a plain cake mix and I would cut back on the whip topping and have more pudding cream cheese flavor.
Mar 24, 2010
This was beautiful, easy to make and very good.
Nov 6, 2009
I love this cake!!! It is easy to make & delicious! My daughter requests it for her birthday every year.