Cranberry Walnut Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- TART SHELL:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon water, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. Add egg and stir lightly with fork just until mixture forms a ball, adding the water if necessary. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Grease a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press chilled pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of pan. Line pastry shell with foil; fill with pie weights, raw rice or beans to prevent shrinkage. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Remove weights and bake another 5 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar, syrup, eggs, butter and zest in a large bowl; set aside. Place walnuts and cranberries in bottom of tart; pour sugar mixture into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden, edge of filling is firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 266 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 30, 2017
I substituted pecans for walnuts and the true taste of autumn still came through!!
Apr 26, 2008
I am also looking for the recipe for Cranberry Walnut Tart. It was featured in the Oct/Nov 2007 issue of Taste of Home Magazine. Holiday Baking Contest.sassywel3
Dec 14, 2007
I am looking for the other Cranberry Walnut Tart recipe with a crust on top in the Taste of HOme Magazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.