Walnut Toffee Tart
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolks and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended. With lightly floured hands, press dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 12-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° until edges are lightly browned, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Remove foil from crust; pour filling into crust. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 529 calories, 36g fat (16g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 23, 2019
This was good. Sort of like a praline.
Oct 6, 2013
This is absolutely delicious! Very rich. I make this at our bake sales for church. People are always asking for the recipe. Thank you for sharing.