- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BROWNIE FILLING:
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- FUDGE FROSTING:
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Whipped cream and whole pecans for garnish
- Combine flour, brown sugar and nuts in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in milk and vanilla with a fork just until blended. Pat onto bottom and up the side of an 11-in. tart pan.
- For filling, melt chocolate and chips in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Place in a large bowl and combine with sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well. Gradually add flour, blending well after each addition. Add nuts. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° until center is just set and a toothpick comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Add milk, butter, yolk and vanilla. Heat, stirring vigorously, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Spread over tart. Garnish with whipped cream and pecans if desired.
1 piece: 580 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.