Fudge Pecan Brownie Tart
I love inventing my own recipes and entering contests—I won a blue ribbon at the Iowa State Fair for this one!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BROWNIE FILLING:
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- FUDGE FROSTING:
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and whole pecans for garnish, optional
- Combine flour, brown sugar and nuts in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in milk and vanilla with a fork just until blended. Pat onto bottom and up the sides of an 11-in. tart pan; set aside.
- For filling, melt chocolate and chips in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Place in a large bowl and combine with sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well. Gradually add flour, blending well after each addition. Add nuts. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, or until center is just set and toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Add milk, butter, yolk and vanilla. Heat, stirring vigorously, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Spread over tart. Garnish with whipped cream and pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 580 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Fudge Pecan Brownie Tart in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.