Butter Pecan Fudge
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 pounds (64 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine remaining butter, granulated and brown sugars, cream and salt. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from heat. Add vanilla to pan (do not stir).
- Cool, without stirring, to 110°, about 30 minutes. Beat with a spoon until fudge just begins to thicken. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth; add nuts and continue stirring until fudge becomes very thick and just begins to lose its sheen. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 59 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 3, 2019
This is one of my new favorite fudge recipes! Going to make some adjustments on the next go-round. Will definitely not wait til it cools - it was a major headache because it became crumbly. Looked up same recipe with instructions to go ahead and add pecans and powdered sugar, without waiting for it cool down. ..still, delicious fudge!
Apr 15, 2018
I use all brown sugar when I make this cause I think it gives it a richer flavor. Recipe always turned out beautiful!!
Dec 20, 2017
Turned out very well and is sure to be a BIG hit this Christmas season!
Nov 24, 2017
I have 1 suggestion: toast the nuts first and don’t do anything else while they’re toasting. Otherwise you may burn them like I did.
Jan 15, 2017
I made this recipe and it was phenomenal! I followed the directions exactly, having bad fudge- making experiences in the past. You may need to adjust the powered sugar at the end. Add it slowly, and you may not need to use it all. When I noticed it was getting too crumbly, I stopped adding, and it came out perfectly.
Dec 6, 2016
I made this fudge today and it was a total flop! I followed the directions exactly and ended up with a hard, mixture in my pan. I had to scrape my All-Clad saucepan to get the glob out of the bottom after a very long soak. If you follow the directions as written, cooling the cooked mixture brings it to a point that it can no longer be stirred. I was totally disgusted by this recipe but was really interested in making a Butter Pecan Fudge Recipe. After searching on line, I found the same recipe, same ingredients, but with different directions. It worked.
Jun 6, 2016
This Butter Pecan Fudge was a big hit at my family reunion! Definitely will make this again!!
Dec 30, 2015
A new family favorite! I found it was a typical fudge recipe: you have to move fast getting from stove and pan. Mine came out perfectly.
Dec 23, 2015
Very easy to mix ingredients, but what about cooking time.? I have it in the oven now for atleast 15 mins at 350 and it's still liquid. Please help with what I should do to finish this fudge
Nov 6, 2015
Very easy. Follows directions to the T and youll have no problem. Measure exactly. 1st batch came out kind of flaky when I tried to cut it, but I accidently used a little too much powdered sugar. The 2nd batch I measured everything to exact measurements and it came out perfect. Great to give as gifts or for bake sales and farmers markets.