Butter Pecan Sauce
Buttery, smooth and full of pecans, this sauce is just sensational over ice cream. It's hard to beat its homemade goodness.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Add the pecans. Serve warm over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 148 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.