Butter Pecan Glaze
Try this thick, rich, buttery sauce over ice cream, fried ice cream or slices of angel food cake for a satisfying dessert. It's so delicious! —Delores Goossen, Morris, Manitoba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in cream.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Serve warm over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 204 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2008
Jun 22, 2015
Very good sauce served warm over Buttered Pecan Ice Cream.
Sep 25, 2009
This is by far the BEST butter pecan ice cream topping I've ever prepared! Try it, you'll like it!