Pecan Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and rosemary; in a separate shallow bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Place pecans in another shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in butter mixture and coat with pecans.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, place cream in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 626 calories, 51g fat (25g saturated fat), 198mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 14, 2011
i like cheese on it..
Jan 12, 2010
Wonderful Dish, wife does not like Blue Cheese so I used some cheeses I had on hand. stillwonderful. beast halves were pretty thick so doubled the cooking time. turned out great
Nov 15, 2009
This was an excellent recipe. My whole family (including teenagers!) loved it. It is very rich, so I would prepare more than you need. Also, I discovered that I ran out of pecans and also the brown sugar/butter mix before I was done. So I would increase the quantity of these items before you begin (maybe even double). Otherwise, I would not change a thing, it is perfect and delicious, but not difficult.
Nov 10, 2009
My fiance and I absolutely love this recipe! We have made it several times now and the chicken is always so moist and delicious! This dish may seem fancy and time consuming but it is so easy! I can't say enough good things about this recipe!
Nov 2, 2009
This chicken is delicious. I did cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces and need more of the flour herb mixture to coat the chicken. This is a great company dish.