- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in sugar; cool slightly. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Pecan Brownies Tips
How do you store pecan brownies?Store your brownies in an airtight container for up to 2 days. In the refrigerator, they’ll last up to 5 days, and in the freezer, up to 3 months.
What are some variations of pecan brownies?This pecan brownies recipe is simple, but you can mix pecans into a boxed mix, too (find our best-loved brownie mix brand). Or, make our brownie base and swap out the pecans for your favorite nut, or add sprinkles, caramel syrup, or chocolate chips for extra indulgence. Need extra inspiration? Bookmark more of our best brownie recipes.
Can you make pecan brownies ahead of time?You can! Store the whole, uncut pan of brownies in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and warm them up in the oven before serving with a big scoop of homemade ice cream.
1 piece: 165 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.