Pecan Pie Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press firmly onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat the milk, egg, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in toffee bits and pecans; spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool. Cover and chill; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 127 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 13, 2019
Delicious! On the sweeter side but expected with condensed milk recipes. Great for sweet tooths! @Kris the toffee bits brands I know of are Hershey's chipits and Heath
Oct 1, 2019
Easy to make, but not so great. Crust was exceptionally too thick and far too sweet. Will not be making these again
Oct 1, 2019
I have wanted to find this recipe for awhile. However, I am confused about the milk chocolate toffee bits. Is there a name brand for these. I am not familiar with them. Please help!
Mar 31, 2019
Have made these for years and they are great! Line the pan with parchment paper so that you can lift them right out of the pan for easy slicing!
Dec 25, 2018
Delicious and easy to make. Coworkers loved them.
Nov 12, 2018
Just finished making these bars. They are very good. I followed the recipe exactly as written and did not have any issues. Delicious! Will absolutely make them again!
Nov 9, 2018
I have made these many times and they are always a hit. We think they taste especially good chilled.
Oct 12, 2018
These are soooo good. To the person who knocked them, maybe you didnt use some of the ingredients or you used the wrong sized pan, however, you did something wrong. I made these exactly as written and ther are delicious, will make them again and again and FYI There is no relation between me and the baker here.
Jul 22, 2018
These are wonderfully good bars - they don't last long!
Jul 18, 2018
My opinion, Patricia is just a woman with nothing else to do but bitch.