Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan; press into pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt on high speed 2 minutes. Stir in flour, melted butter and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour over crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover loosely with foil. Place on a lower oven rack; bake 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 36 bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 254 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 28, 2017
My son chose this recipe because his favorite dessert is Kentucky Derby Pie. This is very close. We like being able to cut into squares to share easily. A keeper for our family.