Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Maraschino cherry halves, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, 1 hour.
- Divide and shape dough into 24 balls (about 1 in.). Press evenly onto bottom and up sides of ungreased mini-muffin cups.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in sugar, egg and vanilla. If desired, stir in pecans. Spoon into cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. If desired, top with cherries.
Oct 2, 2011
I made these as a Valentine gift for my child's Sunday school teachers. They loved them! I, too, left off the cherries. Instead I added a pecan half to each one before baking. (I had left the pecans out of the batter itself)
Jun 13, 2011
Great recipe! The 3 oz. quantity is the correct one. These were quite easy to make. I took them to an event at church and only brought home 2! I'll make them again. I followed the recipe exactly, though did leave the cherries off. Yum!
Jan 27, 2010
It is probably 3 oz. as stated. There are 3 oz. packages of cream cheese. If you can't find the 3 oz. size, you could use slightly less then half of an 8 oz. package. I might make these for Valentine's Day.
Dec 30, 2009
The ingredients are correct, it is supposed to be 3 oz. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brownie-tarts/detail.aspx
Dec 30, 2009
I have not made this yet but it sounds delicious. I am wondering if it is suppose to be 8 oz of cream cheese instead of 8. Does anyone know?