Maple Pecan Tarts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Divide dough into 12 portions. Roll each portion into a 5-in. circle; transfer to 12 ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim crust even with edges. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the first 6 filling ingredients. Pour into tart shells; arrange pecans over tops. Bake 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on wire racks. If desired, serve with ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 tart (calculated without ice cream): 669 calories, 50g fat (21g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jun 23, 2017
Dave!!! Thank you for your comments! I am so glad I could share this recipe and bring back some great memories for you! I hope your grandchildren enjoy it as much as you do. Redawna
Apr 29, 2017
My great Aunt made these for me when I was a kid back during WWII and I loved them, unconditionally. I often wished I had her recipe over these last seventy-five years, but alas, I've come upon it once more. The next time my Grand kids come to visit I will show them how good things were back in the olden days!!Thanks, Redawna K. You've just made my day!Dave Thompson,An old Commander, USN, retired