Maple Pecan Tarts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Divide dough into 12 portions. Roll each portion into a 5-in. circle; transfer to 12 ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the first six filling ingredients. Pour into tart shells; arrange pecans over tops. Bake 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on wire racks. If desired, serve with ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 tart (calculated without ice cream): 669 calories, 50g fat (21g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jun 23, 2017
Dave!!! Thank you for your comments! I am so glad I could share this recipe and bring back some great memories for you! I hope your grandchildren enjoy it as much as you do. Redawna
Apr 29, 2017
My great Aunt made these for me when I was a kid back during WWII and I loved them, unconditionally. I often wished I had her recipe over these last seventy-five years, but alas, I've come upon it once more. The next time my Grand kids come to visit I will show them how good things were back in the olden days!!Thanks, Redawna K. You've just made my day!Dave Thompson,An old Commander, USN, retired
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.