Pecan Butter Tarts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line 12 muffin cups with foil liners. (Do not use paper-lined foil liners.)
- On a work surface, unroll pastry sheets. Cut 12 circles with a floured 4-in. round cookie cutter (save remaining pastry for another use). Gently press pastry circles onto bottom and up sides of foil liners. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine raisins and water; microwave on high 2 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugars, melted butter, vanilla and salt until blended; stir in pecans and raisins. Spoon into pastry cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until filling just begins to bubble up and crusts are light golden brown, 7-9 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 252 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2019
Made these for my family over the holidays and received nothing but rave reviews. The only complaint I got was when they were gone. They were just the right amount of sweetness and the plump raisins created little flavor explosions on my palate. Will definitely be making these again soon! A
Nov 11, 2018
I made these the other day and found them way too sweet! I followed the recipe exactly as written. Usually I can handle sweet, but this was even too much for me.
Jan 2, 2016
My family thought these were the BEST creations I ever made!!! We all love Pecan pies and make excellent pies, but this was so simple and dee-lish-ous!!!! My grandson is heading back to college this weekend and I am getting ready to make him a batch "to go".YUMMY!!!!!!
Nov 21, 2015
Yum! This recipe is magnificent! These are so good, there is no time between the oven and my mouth to even add ice cream ??