Butter Pecan Ice Cream Torte
A simple nut crust and smooth caramel sauce are all the preparation required for this impressive dessert. Be sure to start making it at least 12 hours before serving. It will keep in the freezer for one month—just be sure to wrap tightly so there are no air leaks! —Judy Wilson, Sun City West, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + cooling Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or pecan halves, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream, butter and salt. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the crust, cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in chopped pecans. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly. Spread with 1/2 cup caramel sauce. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread ice cream over caramel layer. Freeze 15 minutes. Top with additional chopped pecans or pecan halves. Freeze, covered, several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining caramel sauce.
- Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim from pan. Heat caramel sauce and serve with torte.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 592 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.