Orange-Cranberry Nut Tarts
My friend gave me a recipe for orange cookies. I just had to embellish it. Now my friends and family crave these tarts. —Nancy Bruce, Big Timber, Montana
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk or 2% milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until blended. Beat in orange zest, orange juice and milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, sugar and orange juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap each portion of dough and cut crosswise into 16 slices. Press onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups. Fill each with 2 teaspoons cranberry mixture.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle with melted white chocolate; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 113 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Orange Cranberry Nut Holiday Tarts in Taste of Home December 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.