Pistachio Pudding Tarts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour until blended.
- Shape into 48 balls (1 in. each); press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased mini-muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; carefully remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until set. Cover and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Spoon into tart shells.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 165 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 4, 2017
Easy to make and delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe
Aug 10, 2013
I did add some sugar to this recipe...just go by taste and I did freeze them...they freeze well
Aug 10, 2013
This recipe is so easy to make and I LOVE the results...you can easily use other pudding flavors for different holidays I rate this a A+ !!
Aug 9, 2011
We have reviewed this recipe again and it is correct as published. There is not any sugar in the tart shells.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Mar 21, 2011
We enjoyed these tarts, however I thought there should have been sugar in the tart. They were very easy to make and the filling was just enough for the 24 tarts. I will make these again.
Mar 21, 2010
I too thought there was some sugar or vanilla /almond flavoring missing from the tart shells. Does anyone know if they can be frozen?
Mar 16, 2010
Very easy to make, although I questioned if there was sugar missing from the recipe. It isn't necessary with the pudding. I made this for a tea party with my daughter & niece, on St. Patrick's Day. Pretty & simple.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.