Pistachio Cream Puffs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split the puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard the soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Just before serving, fill cream puffs and replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Dec 19, 2012
the puffs were easy to make but hard to cut - they were very flat and the tops were pieces ... im not sure if it was because i tried to multiply the recipe but the filling was like soup and should have probably set for at least an hour if not over night. when i did multiply it - i should have ended up with 24 puffs and only got about 18 and the filling was about 15 times too much .. i am not sure if there are some tricks i missed here but according to the directions i was very disappointed - i will say they tasted great- though i had to serve them with a spoon .
Jun 22, 2011
Very delicious and very simple to make! You can use ny kind of pudding mix for the filling- I used sugar-free vanilla pudding and added some Cool Whip to make it creamier.