Pistachio Cream Puffs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split the puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard the soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Just before serving, fill cream puffs and replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2012
the puffs were easy to make but hard to cut - they were very flat and the tops were pieces ... im not sure if it was because i tried to multiply the recipe but the filling was like soup and should have probably set for at least an hour if not over night. when i did multiply it - i should have ended up with 24 puffs and only got about 18 and the filling was about 15 times too much .. i am not sure if there are some tricks i missed here but according to the directions i was very disappointed - i will say they tasted great- though i had to serve them with a spoon .
Jun 22, 2011
Very delicious and very simple to make! You can use ny kind of pudding mix for the filling- I used sugar-free vanilla pudding and added some Cool Whip to make it creamier.