Cream Puff Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- In a large saucepan bring the water and butter to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix in a large bowl until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving. Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 381 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 23, 2015
This is one of my family's favorite dessert. It is requested at every Christmas and family pot luck. I always take copies of the recipe with me because it is always requested. To prevent the lumps with the cream cheese, I make sure it is really soft and I beat it with a little milk before I add the rest of the ingredients.. I have used several flavors of pudding mix but chocolate is my families favorite!!!
Jan 25, 2014
I have made this cake numerous times but I use sugar free pudding, cool whip and chocolate sauce. You can't tell the difference.
Jul 6, 2013
I make this with vanilla pudding. I found out if you whip the cream cheese - then add about 1/4 cup of milk to get it really soft - it blends in better with the pudding - no lumps
May 24, 2013
Made last night. It was great.
May 20, 2012
I bake alot and this recipe is one of the best for summer. Easy. Sometimes I use 1 cup of whipping cream in place of 1 cup of milk, just to make it creamy and richer. I also use walnuts instead of almonds.
Apr 3, 2012
An excellent recipe. I love it!
Jan 12, 2012
This recipe is awesome. It looks great & taste yummy. It always is the first dessert to go.
May 8, 2011
I've made this dessert many times, and it always comes out perfect. I've experimented with different pudding flavors, and I never have left overs. My daughter even asked for this dessert in place of a cake for her birthday! Easy and SO good!
Dec 31, 2010
Didn't like it. There's no taste to the crust, if I made it again I'd use a graham cracker crust. Guess I didn't let the cream cheese sit out long enough because it wouldn't mix. Not a lover of this recipe.
Jul 11, 2010
Delicious. Everyone loves it in my family. No leftovers!