Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Split puffs; remove soft dough from inside with a fork. Prepare pudding according to package directions for pie; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into cream puffs.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 2, 2013
These were delicious
Mar 21, 2011
these puffs taste very good however, something went wrong. They rose really good in the oven but when I slit them open on the cooling rack they went flat. I actually tried them again but the same thing happened. what did I do wrong? or was it a flaw in the recipe? Also there was too much filling, probably because the puffs were so flat that I could not get much filling in. I've tried the recipe twice, and still has some filling left over. I will try again to use up the remaining filling.