Chocolate Mint Truffle Tart
Eating a slice of this decadent dessert is like biting into a smooth truffle candy. You can vary the flavor by using raspberry-flavored chocolate baking chips.—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup softened butter, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- Chopped dark chocolate, chocolate curls, whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup butter; press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 10-in. tart pan. Place tart pan on baking sheet; bake until crust is set, 12-15 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream and remaining butter over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Place chocolate chips, sugar and vanilla in a bowl; pour cream mixture over chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and sugar has dissolved. Slowly pour 1/3 of the warm chocolate mixture into eggs while stirring continuously; return egg mixture to chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared tart shell. Bake until center is just set (mixture will jiggle), 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, top with whipped cream, chopped chocolate and chocolate curls. Refrigerate.
Editor's NoteIf mint chocolate chips are not available, place 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in a plastic bag; seal and toss to coat. Allow chips to stand for 24-48 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 343 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Truffle Tart in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.