Chocolate Mint Truffle Tart
Eating a slice of this decadent dessert is like biting into a smooth truffle candy. You can vary the flavor by using raspberry-flavored chocolate baking chips.—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup softened butter, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- Chopped dark chocolate, chocolate curls, whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup butter; press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 10-in. tart pan. Place tart pan on baking sheet; bake until crust is set, 12-15 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream and remaining butter over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Place chocolate chips, sugar and vanilla in a bowl; pour cream mixture over chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and sugar has dissolved. Slowly pour 1/3 of the warm chocolate mixture into eggs while stirring continuously; return egg mixture to chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared tart shell. Bake until center is just set (mixture will jiggle), 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, top with whipped cream, chopped chocolate and chocolate curls. Refrigerate.
Editor's NoteIf mint chocolate chips are not available, place 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in a plastic bag; seal and toss to coat. Allow chips to stand for 24-48 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 343 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.