Truffle-Filled Cookie Tarts
Total TimePrep: 65 min. + cooling Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into 2-1/2-in.-wide patties. Press onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Immediately press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, cream and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and a thermometer reads at least 160°, 15-17 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer filling to a bowl; cool 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each crust. Top with sprinkles. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 tart: 171 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 1, 2019
They were really good! The filling didn't turn out exactly as planned, the fat separated from the rest of the filling but they still tasted great but the dough was really sticky so I coated my hands with cocoa powder and it worked like a charm! Hard to make though and would never make again.
Mar 4, 2018
My husbands exact words were "THESE ARE DANGEROUS!" They are addicting, they are SO delicious!" I followed the recipe exactly. I don't know what others did that they didn't turn out, but mine did! I think I'll add some milk to make the dough not as dry the next time. (I had just a small amount of filling leftover)
Feb 5, 2018
These were delicious. I had extra filling, so I chilled it and made some truffles. I over baked the cups slightly. Next time I will remove from oven sooner.
Dec 14, 2017
I made 1/2 of this recipe & I'm glad, I won't make them again. Center is way to bitter. Maybe Milk Choc. Chips?? Hard to get out of pan, a total waste of ingredients.
Dec 3, 2017
They are delicious but I found them difficult to get out of the pan despite greasing them generously. About 1/3 of mine broke and were not fillable.
Nov 30, 2017
These are delicious, would you know a way to incorporate peanut butter into this recipe?
Dec 12, 2016
Delicious. Perfect amount of dough for 30 cups. Dough is easy to handle. Twice as much filling as needed. You could double the dough or halve the filling. I am using my leftover filling on ice cream. You can't go wrong!
May 13, 2016
These are a bit time consuming, but a very rich, very special treat!